- The filesystem hierarchy
- tl;dr how-to guide to commands
.pam_environmentto set environment variables in a cross-shell manner
- thefuck corrects your previous console command
- How to control the proliferation of dotfiles
- (A way-too-big list of tools to make an awesome shell.)
- ip cheat sheat (pdf)
- A check list of things to know about the command line
- direnv - manage environment variables per-project
- fish/xiki - alternative shells
- tmux - remote window management - cheatsheat
If you ever want to package something for Linux, Repology covers where.
- Consider an alias like
alias q="ls | grep --color -i".
- Process management: & fg bg jobs kill disown nohup (CTRL+C/Z).
kill -SIGCONTfor pause/resume.
pgrepto search for PID by name.
scriptto record shell session in file (and
less -Rto view).
lessto edit, press
whichas the latter is problematic
- ncdu (du -smh, df -l)
- nnn - Terminal File Browser
MAKEFLAGS += --warn-undefined-variables MAKEFLAGS += --no-builtin-rules ## help: This. .PHONY: help .DEFAULT: help help: Makefile # Find all double comments and treat them as docstrings @echo "make <command>" @sed -n 's/^##//p' $< ## watch: Hot-reload web-app server. .PHONY: watch watch: # Build files in case they changed while we were not watching $(MAKE) build watchman-make -p '*.py' 'Makefile' 'Dockerfile.web' '.dockerignore' -t build ## ##Run make with VERBOSE=1 for additional output. $(VERBOSE).SILENT: # Delete targets on failure .DELETE_ON_ERROR: